In a Grey Mood?



There are three main colors in my wardrobe, black, white and grey.  Summer winter or spring, grey is one of my go-to colors.  This season grey is "in" and I love the pale muted tones that I am seeing everywhere. I try to live by the mantra that my mother drummed into my head from the time I could walk, "Buy classics, they'll never go out of style."  So, I've tried to pick a selection of classic styles. The good news is grey never goes "out" of style, so any of these pieces can be a staple in your wardrobe for years.


This casual coastline-stripe pullover from J Crew is a classic. It is made from an extra-light French terry material that is soft on the inside, and has a wonderfully slouchy drape.  This piece will look fabulous all Summer with shorts, white jeans and even with flirty short skirts.  Caveat to the flirty short skirt, make sure it is age appropriate, so you don't end up looking like "mutton dressed as lamb".


Espadrilles are back for Spring.  The great thing is we won't be tottering in five inch stiletto heels this Summer.  Espadrilles wedge and wide base make them comfortable, however high the heel. I remember in the late 1970's when my mother had espadrilles in every color, red, black, shiny and matte.  I love these Sardinia wedge espadrille for Spring from J Crew.  Made in Spain, they are classic in this light grey with a tan tab on the wrap around ankle tie.  They are also available in red, navy and white stripe and black.  I better not tell my mother.


I adore this Gemma tribal print wrap dress from Banana Republic.  I'm a big fan of wrap dresses, they always make your figure look fabulous.  This one has a fun print that will set you apart this Spring.    The trick, if you are self conscious of tummy areas (who isn't) invest in some spanx and you will feel and look like a million dollars. Wrap dresses look great with sandals and heels and can easily go from work to play.

For a relaxed look on the weekend, the grey Aime maxi dress from J Crew in a luxorious soft knit would be perfect with sandals.  The blouson effect from the tie waist and floor length are sure to flatter any figure, and the pale grey tone are sure to make you a standout.

Finally, I love this grey suit from J Crew. It will never go out of style.  Dress it up for work, or pair it with sandals for lunch with friends.  You can never go wrong investing in a great grey suit.

Other items not featured include the following:
1) Grey heeled shoe, top row- Duveaux Suede Sandals, J Crew.
2) Grey Jacket & Pink Skirt - Le Soleil Tweed Mini by J Crew.
3) Grey Sneakers- Tretorn Canvas Sneakers, J Crew.


Happy Shopping!

Comments

Popular Posts