My first post for men came after a conversation with my brother-in-law who let me know that my blog had nothing on it for men. So, I came up with "Fifteen Pieces for Every Man". Shockingly, after researching today, I realized that it is bar far, by a mile, my most popular post to date. Second most popular, James Bond Lifestyle. Amazing!
Then this afternoon my husband came home after a mountain bike ride with a friend. The friend is looking for a new suit, and both he and my husband admitted that it has been over ten years since they last purchased one. "You need to blog about this..." my husband announced ..."let people know about "current trends" in men's suits". So, detailed here, current trends in suits and three suits from three price points, that will work for any man. And, thanks chaps for making these posts so popular!
Key Men's Suit Trends for 2011-2012
- Monochrome suits, simple stripes, gray's and charcoal.
- Italian cuts, slim and trim shapes.
- Jackets are cut a little shorter than normal, tailored at the waist, lapels are narrow, jackets are two-button.
- Pants are flat paneled, thinner and trimmer, tapering from the knee to the ankle. Waist is lower-rise.
- Wear shirts and ties that are bright and stylish, adding some color.
Impeccably tailored in Italy from all-season wool gabardine with hand-finished details and a clean, modern fit. Body width is lean, arms are slightly narrow and pant is cut slim with a lower rise.
- Two-button jacket silhouette with notched lapel, sloped shoulders, double-vented back and four-button detail at cuffs. Full lightweight lining.
- Flap welt pockets at the jacket waist, single chest welt pocket. Interior has three flap pockets, one with button-tab detail.
- Flat-front pant with a lower rise has a finished curtain waistband and unfinished hem ready for custom tailoring. Two adjustable side tabs, angled front pockets and buttoned back welts.
- 100% wool gabardine. Lining: 100% viscose. Dry clean. Made in Italy.
Nordstroms. BOSS Black Pasolini/Movie Charcoal Stripe Wool Suit. $695.
Fine stripes texture a handsome suit that pairs a two-button, notched-lapel jacket with flat-front trousers. Three interior pockets on the jacket provide added convenience.
- Jacket has flap pockets; besom chest pocket; four-button cuffs; side vents.
- Trousers have zip fly with hook-and-bar closure; slant pockets; back pockets.
- Unhemmed; bring these trousers to a Nordstrom store near you for hemming at no charge.
- Jacket is fully lined, trousers are lined to the knee.
- Wool; dry clean.
Banana Republic. Italian Wool Modern Black Suit, $505.
The Banana Republic blazer gets an elevated update with high-twist Italian yarns for wrinkle-resistant appeal. Rich, classic black gives it unparalleled versatility. This refined suit pant is reconstructed with high-twist Italian yarns for a superior fit and softer feel.
- Notched lapel, two-button closure.
- Three exterior pockets, two interior pockets.
- Three button cuffs, single back vent.
- Fully lined.