Adirondack


For me there are few things that say "Summer in America" more than an Adirondack chair, a symbol of summer relaxation since 1903, when an ingenious man built the first to create seating for guests at his Adirondacks vacation home.  Classic and simple in design, these chairs remind me of sand and summer, of family picnics on the Eastern shore, of children all wrapped up  after an afternoon of swimming.

So on this first weekend of Summer, I can think of nothing more appropriate than to make this new Adirondack chair from Pottery Barn my Friday Fabulous FindI think would make a perfect Father's Day gift for any Dad, after a hard day of summer yard work, or a place for you to sit and drink a cool  ice tea on a warm Summer evening.   

I hope each and every one of you has a relaxing and joy filled holiday weekend.  I truly appreciate every person that has stopped by this blog over the past two months.  I am truly amazed and grateful.

Happy Memorial Day.  


With many thanks, Euphemia  



Comments

Popular Posts