Mum's the Word



If you haven't yet finished up your Mother's Day shopping, here are some gift ideas for you. Of course, every mother loves anything they receive from their child.  I treasure the handmade gifts from my son, especially the poem he wrote to me last year that now has pride of place on my desk.  But, just in case you are looking for some additional goodies for that wonderful "Mum" in your life...


1. Anthropologie


I'm a passionate fan of Anthropolgie.  Their store is a mix of feminine fashion pieces and home goods from across the world. I have likened it to shopping at the famous Portobello Market in London, and indeed it always feels that way when I walk into the store.   The Homegrown Mugs are a favorite, created by Australian artist Samantha Robinson. The mugs saturated hues shout "Summer".  The Carp Watering Can is another pick, beautiful and whimsical at the same time.  There are three other watering cans in the group and I encourage you to look at them all.  


2. Chiasso 

For those who have a Mum who is a bath lover, Chiasso has a wonderful contemporary bamboo bath caddy to drape over the tub. This very civilized bath caddy comes complete with a wine glass holder, fold-away book support and expandable tub arms.  Could there be anything better than sipping some chilled Pinot while you read the latest design magazine while relaxing in bubbles?  I think not! 
3. Pottery Barn



I have to say how much I LOVE the FEED 50 Project currently underway at Pottery Barn.  I think any mother would be proud to carry one of these FEED 50 bags because each purchase will generate funding to provide 50 school meals through World Food Programme (WFP).  Check out the other items included in the program, all benefit the UN(WFP) or the US Fund for UNICEF, and provide children with healthy school meals and clean water, respectively. Also from Pottery Barn the Tea Tin Gardenia Scented Candlepot.  As I brew English Breakfast tea every morning, I couldn't resist.

4. Williams-Sonoma

I'm a big fan of Williams-Sonoma.  From their pastries and sticky buns, to their magnificent cookware, I never cease to be mesmerized when I walk through the door.  I have to admit if I had two minutes to leave my house in a disaster I would be tempted to grab my coveted Kitchen-Aid mixer before most other things! One of their soap and lotion sets are always on my kitchen counter. A particular favorite the Fleur de Sel with its verbena and juniper aroma mixed with hints of cedar and sandalwood.  Love!  


5. West Elm



West Elm always offers great modern design accessories, furniture and inspiring interior design. The hand-painted terracota vases with their textural honeycombs and glazed in brilliant hues of yellow and blue would be perfect for fresh flowers. Can you guess my favorite....the fish platter.  How perfect for sushi. According to their website they are providing Mother's Day delivery until May 5th at 9am, with free shipping.   

 6. Paper Source

There are certain stores that are can easily get into trouble.  While I love clothes and shoes, I have a particular weakness for paper stores.  Stationary, wrapping paper, note cards, pens, pencils, you name it, I love it, and Paper Source has it all in spades.  I love these Blue Chip Clips, each with a unique painted design.  They would be perfect for lunches, or use with chips, papers crafts and more.  

Comments

Popular Posts