Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Post Holiday Disguise

Camouflage is the name of the game in my house this month. Between the debauchery of Thanksgiving, which in addition to a turkey, included a plethora of "potato related" side dishes and a Christmas dinner that involved rump roast and scrumptious Yorkshire puddings (I'm going to post the Yorkshire recipe soon, it's foolproof). I need a little help from the fashion fairies while shedding the excess that, unlike my house guests, is still very much with me.  I have been spending my post holiday days wrapped in a series of long sweaters and flouncy tops.  While searching around for more camouflage gear, I came across this fabulous Turtleneck Cashmere Poncho (left)  from Ralph Lauren. See it on the website here. Then I discovered it also comes in grey and camel, which are on sale here.  Bonus!


I'm a huge fan of buying things that never go out of style. I'm that awful kind of girlfriend that tells you to put something back that you are in love with in the store because it's too seasonal.  This poncho is a "classic" that will never go out of style.  I have to say I love the leather pants, but those are not on my list, at least not until spring, when my yogurt diet has done the trick!

 Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment