Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Saturday Sheet

Happy Saturday! The picture above was sent to me by my girlfriend Janet, of Striped Steps fame - check out the post in Popular Posts.  The peonies are from her friend's garden displayed in (of course) a beautiful blue and white striped vase. Peonies, my favorite flower, are perfect simply displayed, no adornment necessary. I've had some friends mention that they are missing posts, due to work, hectic family life, etc., so I decided to start the 'The Saturday Sheet' recapping the posts of the week, and (thrown in for good measure) some of my favorite posts from other blog sites. There are some fabulous blogs out there that some of you may not have time to visit, so I'll try to introduce you to some of my favorites.  This week, my favorite food posts of the week. To start with, what you may have missed from Likes:


  • My favorite piece from Summer Casual Style from Mini Boden the Funky Knitted Graphic Tunic, which would look fabulous with a pair of white pants and some flats for a casual weekend lunch.
  • I love new discoveries. Layla Grace's store and blog is the find of the week, from vintage European furniture, clothes and accessories, it's all there in spades.  See it here.
  • British Beach Style, Really., showcases some great beach style from The White Company, a London based retailer.
  • For the chaps, Three Suits for Everyman, in honor of my husband who was stumped when a friend  asked him about the latest suit styles.
  • Finally, Friday Find #8, Havaianas flip flops.  The most comfy flip flops ever.  Seriously!
Favorite Food Posts:
  • From Design Sponge, a salted carmel spread by photographer and pastry chef  Kathrin Koschitzki. It  looks delicious. I'm frightened I may eat the entire jar, like I do with nutella.  Anyway, it's a simple recipe that looks like it creates spectacular results.
  • From Sunday Suppers, Afternoon Tea Sandwiches that look both beautiful and scrumptious. The food styling and photographs on this blog are simply breathtaking, even if you don't cook the pictures are worth a view.

Finally, to all a joyous and fun filled weekend. Summer is here, go out and enjoy!

-Euphemia

No comments:

Post a Comment