Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Charlie's Angels. Zara Lookbook.

In the Summer of 1978, at the age of eight, I visited America with my family for the first time. One of the first American television shows I saw that Summer was Charlie's Angels. I was, as my mother would still tell you,  "glued" to the tele.  For good reason, who could not be enthralled by the clothes, the hair and the shoes of those angels. Not to mention that there were guns, chase scenes and karate chops!  Like most of you, I'm sure, my allegiance to one particular angel fluctuated over time.  Sometimes it was Farrah Fawcett and her blonde locks that I rooted for, sometimes Jaclyn Smith whose kindness and beauty was endearing, and at others of course Kate Jackson whose smarts I found so appealing. Those memories have stuck with me ever since and when I saw some of the new pieces on offer from Zara, I was immediately transported back in time.  How could I resist a fashion homage to three of my favorite women?

  
Nothing says seventies like glittery silver hot pants.  The good news with these metal trousers is that they are low slung and cropped making them modern while still retaining that '70's glam.   Silver bags are all the rage this Summer and this metallic shopper is going to add a touch of sparkle to any outfit.  White suits are the epitome of the 1970's, think John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever.   The tuxedo collared blazer above is a great choice for a night out on the town. Crank up the Bee Gees on the 8 track while you are putting on this one. Nothing adds a little "bling" to an outfit than a great belt. This diamante belt would be great with a pair of white pants.  Zara always has some fabulous shoes at reasonable prices and the two pairs above are no exception.  Check out all the shoes currently available here.

Jump-suits are popping up everywhere this Summer.  I'm a little in love with this black, low backed jump-suit. Black is always glamorous and slimming. Pair this one with a fun pair of shoes and you will be a standout! Finally this green dress right hits two of the big fashion notes this Summer, it's  jewel toned and a maxi dress. This dress is in a great shade of green that will work with all hair colors. I still remember my mother wearing long dresses in the evening and this dress takes me straight back to those nights as a little girl when I used to sit on her bed and watch her getting dressed. 

So grab a little sparkle, turn on the disco and let your inner angel shine!

Happy Shopping!



Notes: Photographs from Zara, Wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment