Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Brit Style. Cabbages and Roses



Recently introduced to Cabbages and Roses by a girlfriend -- really where would I be without girlfriends-- I find myself a little in love with their current line.  They are a quintessentially British company specializing in vintage inspired fabrics that are on everything from sponge bags to overcoats.  Apart from the fact that the website photographs remind me of  pre-Raphaelite paintings by Millais or Rosetti, so much so that with every click I'm waiting to see Ophelia floating down the river, I'm an even bigger fan of their home line, my favorites are pictured below.  While I'm not usually a fan of rose prints, their gorgeous patterns call to me, especially those in shades of grey. Currently in three standalone stores in the United Kingdom, of which I'm sure my fellow Brits are aware, they are also on-line, and some of their merchandise is available to customers in the US.  I encourage you to look at their beautiful website and merchandise.  I'm purchasing a couple of items myself.  I'll let you know how it all turns out.  Details on all items below.



Happy Shopping!



Clothes. Top Right: Cotton Metal Pinstripe Pleat Front Coat. Top Right: Fine Weave Layla Shirt, Bottom Left: Silk Christina Dress.

Household Items: Middle Right: Antique Linen London Day Bag   Bottom Right: Jolly Stripe Tablecloth. Bottom Middle: Ships Passing Sponge Bag.

Notes:  All photographs from Cabbages and Roses website.

No comments:

Post a Comment